Alpha Centauri Overdrive Pedal
The overdrive pedal with maximum headroom for optimal clean boost, smooth tonal coloration, or massive grit.
If you crank up the gain the Alpha will saturate your tone like a jagged saw blade while keeping an impressive amount of smoothness, without the feeling of compression normally experience at high gain levels.
Between the duel gang gain pot that blends the overdriven signal with your clean tone and the Level knob, this pedal is extremely versatile and can be dialed into just about any guitar/amp combo.
The active treble knob will add plenty of sparkly to your tone without piercing anyone’s ears and the passive bass cut will free up sonic space and let your tone breath. It’s extremely subtle but in the case of a heavy guitar into a very warm amp that tends to get muddy, or an analog keyboard/Organ the bass cut will move some of that mud out of the way and let your instrument breath.
The Alpha boasts 27 total volts of head room from it’s 9v power input giving optimal response and tightness and yes, we use germanium diodes. Same ones as the original. Different company, but same part.
If all that wasn’t enough, the Alpha has a true bypass and is housed in one of the sleekest designed pedal cases on the market with a gleaming white LED shining through the shell from the inside. First they’ll hear it, then they’ll see it, then they’ll ask about it.
- Built in the U.S.A
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (this pedal runs at 9v DC ONLY)(adaptor not included)
- High-grade components selected for top rate sound quality and performance
- 1M Ohm of input impedance when pedal is engaged
- Active treble potentiometer
- Passive bass potentiometer to subtly draw off some of the clean bass signal
- True Bypass
- side-mounted ¼ inch jacks
- Low Profile LED
- Power draw: 32 mA @ 9V
- Includes Carmedon’s limited 5-year warranty
- 2.50″ x 4.50″ x 1.5″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
To read the full warranty or register your newly purchased product, list our Warranty page.